The Series 8C Temperature Controller offers easy-to-use programming menus designed for quick installation.
The unit is designed for direct or reverse acting (cooling or heating) control.
The Series 8C can be programmed for simple ON/OFF or more complex PID control functions. PID control is supported with manual or auto-tuning. Select relay, voltage pulse, or current output control methods. The controller also includes two additional alarm outputs. The alarm outputs can be configured from 12 different preprogrammed settings.
The temperature controller accepts a variety of thermocouple and RTD inputs. The process value and setpoint value are displayed simultaneously on the large dual LED. Auto-tuning, engineering units (°F or °C) and alarm status is also indicated on the faceplate.Features
- Universal Input Accepts RTD or Thermocouple Sensors
- On/Off, PID, or Manual Output Control
- RS-485 Standard on All Models
- ± 0.25 % of Span, ± 1 Least Significant Digit
Approvals & Certifications
- RS-485 Modbus at ASCII Communication Protocol
- 5 VA, Max.
- 7-Segment LED, PV: Red, SV: Green
- Two 4-Digit LED
- 0° to 50° C (32° to 122° F)
- 14 Vdc, Max.
- 4-20 mA - Current
- Current Output
- Relay Output
- Voltage Output
- 100-240 Vac, 50/60 Hz
- SPDT Relay, 5 A Resistive @ 250 Vac
- -200° to 1800° C (-328° to 3272° F)
- Oven, boiler, or chiller control
- Hot plates/melt pots
- Food service equipment
- Environmental chambers
- Packaging equipmen