Echomax® XRS-5 ultrasonic transducer provides reliable, continuous level monitoring of liquids and slurries in narrow lift stations/ wet wells, flumes, weirs and filter beds using a beam angle of just 10° and a CSM rubber face.
The XRS-5 is non-contacting with a measuring range from 0.3 to 8 m (1 to 26 ft).
Advanced echo processing ensures reliable data even in conditions with obstructions, turbulence and foam.
The hermetically sealed CSM rubber face and the PVDF co-polymer enclosure are designed for maximum resistance to methane, salt water, caustics and harsh chemicals common to wastewater installations.
EchoMax XRS-5 with IP68 protection is a rugged ultrasonic sensor that is fully submersible in the event of flood conditions.
In addition, a submergence shield will maintain a high level reading output during submerged conditions.
The low-cost XRS-5 transducer is compatible with a full range of Siemens controllers, from a basic system for high/low alarm or simple pump control, up to advanced control systems with communications, telemetry and SCADA integration capabilities.Features
- Narrow Beam Angle Of Only 10°
- Chemically Resistant PVDF Copolymer Enclosure And CSM Rubber Face
- Measuring Range: 8 m (26 ft) For Measurement Of Liquids And Slurries
- Fully Submersible: IP68 Degree Of Protection
- Easy Installation With 1" NPT Or R 1" BSPT Connection
- 0.3 ... 8 m (1 ... 26 ft)
- Dependent on application
- 44 kHz
- Compensated by integral temperature sensor
- Normal Atmospheric Pressure
- Ambient temperature: -20° to +65° C (-4° to +149° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to +65° C (-4° to +149° F)
Weight (Approximate Shipping Weight of Sensor with Standard Cable Length)
- 1.2 kg (2.6 lb)
- PVDF copolymer enclosure and CSM face
- 1” NPT [(Taper), ASME B1.20.1]
- 1” [(BSPT), EN 10226]
Degree of Protection
- 2-core shielded/twisted
- 0.5 mm² (20 AWG)
- PVC sheath
Cable (Maximum Length)
- 365 m (1 200 ft) with RG 62 A/U coaxial cable
- 365 m (1 200 ft) with 2-core twisted pair, foil shield, 0.5 mm² (20 AWG), PVC sheath, only for MultiRanger 100/200
- Factory flange with PTFE face for ASME
- JIS configuration
- For applications with flooding possible
Certificates & Approvals
- CSA Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D
- Class II, Div. 1 Groups E, F, G
- FM Class I, Zone 1, AEx m IIC, T6
- Class II, III, Div. 1, Groups E, F, G T6
- ATEX II 2GD
- UKEX II 2GD
- INMETRO Ex mb IIC T6 Gb
- Ex tb IIIC T85° C Db
- Wet Wells
- Filter Beds