Proximity Series 285 Smart Positioners combine an easy to use, high performance unit with a low price.
Series 285 models accurately control the valve stroke of rotary motion valves, such as W.E. Anderson ball or butterfly valves, according to an input signal of 4 to 20 mA from the controller. Its rugged, durable design makes it ideal for harsh environments.
The NEMA 4X (IP66) enclosure rating protects the highly efficient microprocessing unit inside the Smart Positioner. An Analog feedback signal is outputted to stabilize any valve system, and easy to use functions such as auto calibration ensure the accuracy of the unit.
Low air consumption reduces operating cost but does not sacrifice the performance of the Smart Positioner.
The compact design of this unit makes it easy to use with any size actuator. Smart Positioners feature a LCD screen attached to the outer surface of the unit, allowing for an easy inspection of the positioner condition while in the field.
Available in user selectable single or double action, with HART® communication as standard. In the event that the 4-20 mA input signal is lost the 285 will fail in place.Features
- User selectable single or double action
- LCD display
- 0.0004 to 2.1 scfm (0.01 to 60 LPM) at psig: 20 (kPa: 138, bar: 1.38) - Flow Capacity
- 1/2” NPT
Enclosure, Body Material
- 316 Stainless Steel
- NEMA 4X
- ± 0.05 % of Span
- 460 ohms, Max.
- 0 to 90° - Stroke
- 4-20 mA DC
- ≤ ± 0.5 % of Full Scale
- 1/4” NPT Female - Air Connection
- 1/8” NPT Female - Gage Connection
- ± 0.3 % of Full Scale
- ± 0.2 % of Full Scale
- psi: 35 to 116 (kPa: 240 to 900, bar: 2.4 to 9) - Air Supply
- -30° to 85° C (-22° to 185° F)
- Linear motion valves or rotary motion valves with single or double acting actuators